Thursday, February 18, 2010

やまと2010? - Space Battleship Yamato?


Oh say it isn't so! It appears they are making a live action version of the animae series Space Battleship Yamato. The slated release date is set for December 2010. The live action Toho Studios feature stars Takuya Kimura and is directed by Takeshi Yamazaki. All this on a 2.2 billion yen budget ($22 million). Ok, I'll admit I liked the original animae back when I was a kid in the 1970's but now that I've grown up this doesn't have the same appeal. None the less this Sci-Fi fan rarely turns down a trainwreck so my curiosity has me going. Now will this just be a kids movie or will they make a real attempt to update the story for the adults who grew up on the original Yamato series aka Starblazers here in the US? All I can speculate is that this CGI heavy fan fest will be interesting. But don't take my word for it. Check out the teaser trailer for yourself!



Official Movie Website

No comments:

Post a Comment