Saturday, April 2, 2011

一日の画像 - Picture of the Day

In the wake of tragedy one thing remains consistantly true: Life does go on to see another day. In this photo reposted from Japan Today shows a wedding couple led by a Shinto Guji before the Meiji Shrine in Tokyo, Japan. As with most weddings that are planned months in advance, no one can ever possibly prepare you for an unexpected natural or man-made disaster to interfere with your plans nor is there any such preperation for how people will react should you continue on with your plans. I can attest to this thus having my own first wedding levied upon by the LA Riots of May 1992. Many people thought it was inappropriate to have a wedding during a state of emergency yet we chose to carry on. We at American Mishima admire the courage of this couple to carry on to new beginnings. As I write this I will reveal that I too hope to marry my current fiance' in the same Shinto tradition in Japan in the coming year. But enough about us here in LA. We at American Mishima would like to join in with others and wish these unnamed newlyweds a special  おめでとう ございます!

No comments:

Post a Comment